
The well-known building on Broadway (Sayilgoh Street) in Tashkent, which now houses the Ministry of Justice, was built in the constructivist style in 1927 by architect G. Bauer.
Over the years, various organizations were
located in the building: initially, it served as a dormitory for students of
the Central Asian Communist University (SACU), later it housed the Stalin
Higher Communist Agricultural School. During World War II, a hospital was
located here, followed by a party school. In the 1960s–1970s, the kolkhoz
archive operated here.
Unfortunately, the building’s appearance is
marred by awnings, glazing, and other structures unacceptable for a
constructivist-era architectural monument.
The Seamstresses’ Palace of Culture from the “Red Dawn” sewing factory was built in 1936 according ...

At the end of the 19th century, two orphanages operated in Tashkent — the Alexandrovsky and the Kau...

The mosque was built in the 15th century near the grave of the righteous Ukkosh on the ancient Sama...

The “Zarafshan” restaurant was built in 1974 and immediately became one of the most popular spots a...