
The building is well known to every Tashkent resident: for nearly 80 years, it visually “anchors” Hadra Square and the intersection of Navoi and Furkat streets. It is one of the first “Stalin-era” buildings — constructed without excess ornamentation but still looking solemn and beautiful. The effect is achieved through expressive elements: a recessed niche with columns, vertically paired balconies, and stylized Eastern arches above the first-floor windows.
The architect of the building is A. A.
Mukhamedshin. Built in 1947 as a dormitory for the Mining Technical School.
Later, the owners changed several times; now it houses JSC “Uzkimyosanoat.”
Eyewitnesses recall that it was built by Japanese prisoners of war.
Throughout the years, the building,
visible from all sides, has been used for visual propaganda — and now for
advertising banners. When passing or driving by — take another look at this old
acquaintance.

The well-known building on Broadway (Sayilgoh Street) in Tashkent, which now houses the Ministry of...

The State Museum of Arts of Uzbekistan was founded in 1918 as the People’s University Museum. Until...

Mustaqillik Square acquired its main features after the 1966 earthquake, when the former Red Square...

The beautiful four-story houses on Beshagach Square were built in the early 1950s according to the ...