The “Friendship of Peoples” museum building was constructed in 1976 to mark the tenth anniversary of the Tashkent earthquake and formed a single complex together with the “Courage” monument. Its collections contained over 15,000 exhibits dedicated to the restoration of Tashkent by the Soviet republics.
Architects of the complex and the
building: L. Adamov, S. Adylov, V. Ganiyev, Farkhad Tursunov, R. Yusupov, and
D. Ryabichev.
The cylinder-shaped structure, erected
on a hill and decorated with stylised national ornament, appears to float above
the first floor.
In 1996, on the fifth anniversary of
Uzbekistan’s independence, the Museum of Olympic Glory was opened in this
building. It currently displays 2,088 exhibits.
In 2024, Valeriy Ganiyev, one of the
architects of the “Courage” complex, proposed returning the Friendship of
Peoples Museum to this building and relocating the Museum of Olympic Glory to
another venue.

In 1933, the Council of People's Commissars of the Uzbek SSR decided to build Uzbekistan's third hy...

One of the first buildings on the planned Navoi Avenue was the “Rodina” (“Vatan”) cinema. It appear...

Opened in 1972, the Main Department Store (GUM) is an exemplary combination of functionality and m...
All Tashkent residents notice the French Embassy building located at the corner of Yahyo Gulomov an...